Thread: The New Caveman - Jason Eaton

Default The New Caveman - Jason Eaton

Jason Eaton of the Wellington Hurricanes and the All Blacks has always looked like somewhat of a hill billy to me. He was one of the biggest supporters of the Mullet and basically looks like he's been pulled straight from the bush.. with all due respect of course.

Now, I've come across these pics of him in pre-season training for Hurricanes Super 14 campaign, and he looks like he's been lost at sea for 6 months.

I don't claim to be the most stylish person around myself, but what on earth is he thinking? Nevermind the way it looks though, that must be so uncomfortable and irritating when playing, especially scrumming down as a lock.

Maybe it's the influence of growing up in the eighties and watching teen wolf one too many times.

That is quite fantastic!

Looks like Robinson Crusoe!

Itchy

As long as that doesn't turn him into an arrogant master of dives it's fine by me.
    It makes the job easy for the commentators and gives us a few laughs

The Hurricanes play the Waratahs in Sydney on saturday the 16th. We'll be watching closely to see if Eaton comes out adorned in the gorilla beard or not. If he is, I'll try get a clip up on the site as it would be a site to behold!

Eaton decided to grow his hear and beard out when he got injured during the Super 14 early last year and promised not to cut it until after his first competitive back.

That looks to be the first game of the S14 season this weekend. And he's gonna raise some cash from shaving it all off and give it to charity:

http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/rugbyhe...335a25922.html

Part of the RD family r a n c i d's Avatar

Sadly, and i mean this sincerely, he looks better than he did... When he had that ridiculous clean save and mullet.

He looks more like bloody castaway than a Caveman.

Ben Herring is another played on the list of failed Cavemen attempts... Another 'I've been stuck on an empty Island for 8 months' look.

Also speaking of Cavemen, lets not forget Hayman in his prime.

Rugby Rookie

How do you play with that? It seems to me like you might have to stop and find an opponents mouthgard in your beard every 20 minutes or so... Maybe stuff the ball in there for a trick play

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha...cracking effort by Eaton there...

Sheesh just thinking...if you put him next to Andrew Hore who ALWAYS looks like a missing link of sorts and the Canes can be proud...their roots run deep...WAY deep...prehistoric deep...