Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sapolu Fuimaono suspended from ALL rugby!

Yeah like rancid said, he makes a lot of good points but can't articulate them to save his life. Most people agree that the IRB isn't doing the T2 nations any favours, but because he compared them to the holocaust most people will just disregard what he says.
    <signature>

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Mailman View Post
    Guess from now on, everything must be run by Fuimaono-Sapolu to make sure it meets his approval. Who does he want to ref his matches? When should we have moments of silence? Next time I order a pizza, should I call up EFS first and ask wether or not it's cool with him if I can get pepperoni on that?
    Make sure to include some kind of Samoan topping, you racist.

Quote Originally Posted by r a n c i d View Post
    I think Sapolu needs to go easy on the alcohol and Twitter. He'd make a much better case and come across much better if he put his arguments and anger across in extensive interviews, while sober. As opposed to posting 140 characters on Twitter, while probably drinking. It doesn't help that he has thousands of followers egging him on, either.

He just needs to go about what he thinks in a more productive way.
    Agreed, and yes the first time he got in trouble (a month or so before the world cup even) he admitted to being drunk. He said something like 'Lesson - don't tweet while drinking'.
    And when he made the Owens 'racist, biased' comments, it was after the SA game and I worked it out to be about 4am in New Zealand, and he was out with a bunch of the Samoa boys. I'd say it's safe to assume he was on the drink.

One positive that has come from it all is that he's made enough of a fuss for the IRB to notice, and yesterday it was confirmed that Tier 1 nations will play midweek games at the 2015 RWC.

Whether that came from his rants alone, I doubt, but he definitely contributed to it.

Part of the RD family r a n c i d's Avatar

Definitely. Not maybe his comments alone but the reaction and discussion his comments sparked. It was obvious even though many people thought he was being a bit childish and extreme with his analogies and comments, that there was a lot of sympathy and agreement with his actual arguments.

In saying that it isn't just drunk Samoans who can make stupid analogies. In Australia the NRL rugby league CEO got in a bit of media strife last month for comparing Melbourne Storm fans who boo'd him to terrorists. On the anniversey of 9/11 no less!

Quote Originally Posted by r a n c i d View Post
    In Australia the NRL rugby league CEO got in a bit of media strife last month for comparing Melbourne Storm fans who boo'd him to terrorists. On the anniversey of 9/11 no less!
    Great PR!

Eliotta is in trouble, this time for comments against Owen Farrell. It's getting a bit silly now.